Monday, September 22, 2008

Past Weekend

This past weekend was a busy one. Kyle parents, Bonnie and Jim stopped for a visit on their way to GA. It was a full weekend! They saw lots of soccer and Jessi all dressed up. Devin's select team played in a soccer tournament over the weekend. They won first place! This is a new team for us this year and we are very happy with it. In addition to the team being more competitive, the boys have been nice and the parents have been very welcoming to us.
It was also Desmet's Homecoming this past Saturday. Jessi's boyfriend, Zach goes to Desmet High School. She had a great time. Diner, dance and a movie it was a full night for her.
The school year is going well for both of the kids. In addition to school work, Devin is busy with Volleyball and two soccer teams. Jessi's is doing a good job juggling school and softball. She is also occasionally reffing some soccer games at St. Norbert. For right now it is a way for her to get some spending cash without conflicting with school and softball.
Kyle interviewed with St. Louis University last week. The interview went very well. I am sure they will make him an offer. He is not sure they will be able to offer what he wants but you never know. He's testing the waters right now to see what is out there. If the right job with the right pay and benefits roll around he'll take it otherwise he has some projects at UMSL that he is enjoying working with.
Not much new with me. I'm tying my best to get everyone where they need to be, with what they need. My work is very flexible for which I am thankful. I've started running. I can run 3 miles. Not fast but I can do it.
Devin and his IKP soccer team with their trophies.

Jessi and Zach before Desmet's Homecoming.

Zach picked Jessi up and they went to Pasta House to eat before the dance.



She is growing up so quickly.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I cannot believe I clicked on here and there was an update!!! LOL! Everyone looks lovely. I notice one of Kelsie's friends' stepbrothers on Devin's team, Zach. I hope I get to see them both sport-ing this week/end!

Jenny said...

Sheri,
Zach should be there on Saturday. I didn't realize he was a step child. Jennifer and Lee have both been very welcoming to us.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Jessi and Zach look as lovely in the pictures as they did in person. Someone is in the background of one of the pics. You should have been aware of that and had them move!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, yes, we did enjoy those 3 soccer games, especially because they were winning.
It was a good weekend.