Thursday, November 22, 2007

Drive Home

I had hoped to leave our house by 12:00 yesterday but we didn't get on the road until 12:40 or so. The weather was not so great. It rained the entire way, sometimes it rained so hard I couldn't see more than two car lengths in front of me. The traffic was very heavy especially up until Springfield, IL. It did get a little lighter after that. I counted 28 State Police along our way. The trip went surprisingly fast though. Tim let me borrow his FM IPOD converter thingy. I really have no idea what it is called but I could listen to my IPOD through the radio. The good news was that the trip didn't drag to much. The bad news is that everyone had to listen to me sing for 4 1/2 hours! I did notice at one point in the trip everyone had head phones on except me. I am sure this was not a comment on my voice! Once in town we went to my sister's game. My sister is the Freshmen coach for girls basketball at Alleman (my high school). The Alleman Pioneers played the Moline Maroons (Kyle's high school). Alleman was trounced but we did score 18 points and my sister had hoped to just get into double digits. Afterwards we went to eat at Pizza and Subs. A great place for calzones. Enjoy the pictures.


Jessi at my mom and dad's house holding Drew. Drew is 3 months old. He weighs at least 15 pounds. He is a BIG boy. He is adorable and a very happy baby.

When Jackie coaches she paces up and down the sidelines. She doesn't scream at the girls. When she wants to talk to them about what they are doing she subs them out of the game. She is pretty intense.

Me holding baby Drew. Everyone kept asking me if I wanted to put him in his car seat but I didn't want to give him up because I rarely get to see him.

Grandma, Dylan and Devin at Pizza and Subs. Dylan was done for the night by the time dinner was through. So was I actually.

No comments: