Tuesday, October 9, 2007

District Champs!

Rosati won their Softball District Championship this past Saturday. They played Trinity and won in 7 innings 4 to 3. Each of the last two times we played them we went to 10 innings. We lost the first game and won the second. This is the second year in a row Rosati has won districts. The Sectional Championship game is this Wednesday. Rosati will be playing St. Dominic who hasn't lost a game all season. We played them twice. It would be a huge upset for Rosati to win but anything is possible. These pictures are a little washed out because it was a really sunny day.

Jessi made a fantastic catch early in the game.
She plays left field and she caught the ball in short center.


I was holding my breath the whole time she was running
towards the ball. I was concerned she'd lose the ball in the sun.
But, no worries! It was very dramatic.

Jessi scored Rosati's first run of the game.

2007 District Champs.
Two years in a row.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Woo hoo! Congrats Jessi, it was a very exciting game, I am so glad I got to see it. Jenny, let me know what time the game on Saturday is going to be (positive thinking)...sorry I will have to miss the Wednesday game.

Unknown said...

How exciting, Jessi. Such good plays. Wish Papa and I could have been there. We're waiting to hear about this evening's Wednesday)game.
Grandma Collins