Friday, October 26, 2007

New Websites

I posted two new web sites this morning. My friend Juliette told me about The Fly Lady web site a long time ago. I really like it. It truly helps me keep my house in better shape. Not always "company ready" but not out of control either. Some days I do better than others but it does help me to view all of the things I need/want to do in more manageable chunks. The Missus Smartypants Web site is fairly new to me. I really love it! I cleaned out my entire closet. Well, except for my shoes. Those of you who really know and love me, know about my love affair with heels. Anyway, I like everything in my closet and feel better in what I wear. The list of necessities that every woman should own is great. I do not have everything on the list but I am working on it! Both of these web sites go along with my philosophy, "If I/we don't love it I don't want it in our house". My mom teases me about that all of the time. But think about it. Your home is where you should feel safe, loved and comfortable. It should be a place that nurtures your spirit, your family and your friends. Why would you want to keep things that don't hold happy memories? Why keep something that doesn't bring you joy? The things in your house are just that, things. If what ever it is doesn't bless your house give it to someone whose home it will bless! Happy cleaning/decluttering and shopping everyone!!!!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

I did check out the smarty pants site the other day. Looks awesome, HOWEVER, I do not fit into any of those body types. I e-mailed them and asked them about that and haven't heard back yet. I am bumming. I'll sign up for a year, if they will guarantee that they will give me advice for me -- not for a different body type. What do u think? PS...soon, I hope, I am going to purge and I mean purge my closet!!! Maybe I should let you look at the purged stuff in case it might bring you happiness :)

Sheri said...

I did check out the smarty pants site the other day. Looks awesome, HOWEVER, I do not fit into any of those body types. I e-mailed them and asked them about that and haven't heard back yet. I am bumming. I'll sign up for a year, if they will guarantee that they will give me advice for me -- not for a different body type. What do u think? PS...soon, I hope, I am going to purge and I mean purge my closet!!! Maybe I should let you look at the purged stuff in case it might bring you happiness :)

Jenny said...

Sheri,
I took a picture of myself and emailed it to them. They responded pretty quickly but I bought a 3 month subscription and paid the extra for their advice. I considered myself either B or C. I thought I leaned more towards C, but when they responded and talked about me specifically they put me in B. After looking at what they suggested I totally agree. Of course no one ever fits completely into one place or another.

Unknown said...

Jenny, the smarty pants website sounds interesting. But I won't check it out. Might cause them too much stress trying to help me.
B

Sheri said...

BUT...when they send you those weekly e-mails, don't they only talk about either B or C, for example? I am none of them, so I am afraid I will get advice for a type that I am not -- or, if you pay the extra, do they give you specific advice for you -- every week, or just once? You hooked me on it, but I just am not any one of those types! I am my own type -- :) haha!

Jenny said...

They do but you in a particular type I am going to send you an email that will be helpful.